Because scientific studies show that all children benefit from working with a social robot in the following ways:
- Increased attention span and focus, which leads to greater task completion,
- Decreased inhibition, which leads to more creative problem solving,
- Increased verbalization and peer socialization, which enhances team building,
- A positive introduction to robotics, which inspires children to consider additional STEAM education and careers, and:
- Social robots level the playing field for all capabilities, which helps to create more inclusive classrooms, schools and communities.
FAM designs all interactions and programs robots with information, questions for the children and fun conversation, including games like I Spy and Simon Says. We’ve only begun to see the benefits that can occur with FAMbots, as we continue to explore.